Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Very Good Place to Start

Hello. And welcome. My name is Majin (okay, technically it's not, but let's pretend it is) and I am a newly-graduated physician who hasn't been in a hospital or clinic in . . . five months. How is that possible? I finished medical school and now in a seemingly interminable holding pattern until I begin residency in July.

You would think that after working so hard for so long to get through four years of college, two years of work before starting, and now finishing, four-and-a-half years of medical school that I would be bored beyond reason after being off of work for so long.

You would think that.

You would be wrong.

Actually, I love my life right now. Knowing that I am never again going to have that kind of free time, I have decided to embrace it and do what I love. And what I love, it turns out, is shopping, decorating the new home my fiance and I recently purchased and planning our June 2012 wedding. The strange part? In embracing these other aspects of life, I have actually re-learned to love medicine, after it lost most of its luster during medical school.

So, that's what this blog will be about: shopping, decorating, home projects, crafting, wedding planning. And a little bit of medicine thrown in for good measure. Thanks for joining me!

Signed,

Majin, MD


No comments:

Post a Comment